Xiaomi has launched its next generation fitness tracker Mi Band 5 in China. It has been introduced in Standard and NFC versions. There will be eight color band options in it. The Band 5 features a 1.1-inch color AMOLED display that is larger than the Band 4’s 0.95-inch display. The company claims that Band 5 works for 14 days on a full charge once. It can also be used in water up to 50 meters deep.
The most important thing is that it has a dedicated Women’s Health mode, which will enable female users to track periods. Apart from this, there will also be support for heart rate sensor and sleep monitoring features.
Mi band 5 price
The standard and non-NFC variants of Band 5 are priced at CNY 189 i.e. around Rs 2,000, while the fitness tracker’s NFC variant is priced at CNY 229 i.e. around Rs 2,500. The Smart Band comes with Black, Blue, Pink, Orange, Purple, Yellow and Green strap options.
At present, the company has not given any information about the global price and availability of Band 5.
Mi Band 5 specifications and features
- The new Mi Band 5 features a 1.1-inch color AMOLED display that comes with over 100 new animated watch faces.
- The fitness tracker now gets 11 sport mode support and provides a personal activity intelligence (PAI) activity index that helps the user to better understand his fitness activity.
- In addition, the Mi Band 5 is an improved sleep monitoring system to track sleep patterns efficiently. The company claims that there has been a 40 percent improvement in sleep monitoring accuracy.
- The Mi Band 5 comes with a heart rate sensor and female users can now track their menstrual cycle with Women’s Health Mode. Users will get many facilities including social media notifications, music control, incoming calls, text, weather updates on smart bands.
- It also has a new remote-control camera feature that allows the user to click photos from their smartphone. The smart band comes with a built-in microphone to enable voice commands.
It comes with the new magnetic charging dock.