Electric two-wheeler maker BGauss has started taking online bookings of its two electric scooters A2 and B8. They can be booked for Rs 3,000 by visiting the company’s dedicated website. Delivery will start from August 2020. The first phase will deliver in Pune, Navi Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. Both scooters will be manufactured at the plant in Chakan, Pune. The scooter is available in a total of five variants according to different batteries. To build them, the company plans to invest a total of Rs 125 crore over the next three years. Fluid design, low maintenance, good power, fast charging, IoT features are its highlights.
Variant vice prices (ex-showroom
- B8 – Lead acid Rs 62,999
- B8 – Lithium ion Rs 82,999
- B8 – LI Tech Rs 88,999
- A2 – Lead acid Rs 52,499
- A2 – Lithium ion Rs 67,999
The company will make 80 thousand units in the first phase
The company is also working on developing its own motor, controller, wire harness etc. and the company aims to achieve 100 percent localization in 9 to 12 months. In the initial phase the company plans to produce 80,000 units in FY 2020-21.
- The B8 is available in four options (Silk Red, Sparkling Blue, Nebula Gray and Pearl White)
- The B8 is a high performing version, with a 1900-watt, hub-mounted motor and 1.45kWh battery.
- It will be offered with a lead-acid battery (7-8 hours charging time) and removable lithium ion battery (3 hours charging time) and Li-tech.
- The scooter has a loading capacity of 150 kg. Its top speed is 50km / hr and it can run up to 120mm in deep water.
- Its top model will see many advanced features including navigation assist, ride metrics, remote diagnostics, live tracking, geo-fencing.
- The company claims a range of up to 78 km with lead-acid models and up to 70 km in lithium-ion models.
- There will be a 3-year warranty with it.
- A2 is available in three colors (Caspian Blue, Glacier Ice and Super White)
- A2 has a 250 watt motor, it gets a top speed of 25km / hr.
- It will be offered with a lead-acid battery (charge time 7-8 hours) and a removable 1.29kWh lithium-ion battery (charge time 2-3 hours).
- It can also run up to 120 mm deep water and has a loading capacity of 150 kg.
- It has three rides. It has 110 km Range of up to Rs.
- Its lithium-ion battery will get a warranty of 3 years and lead-acid battery for one year.
Both the B8 and A2 come with three riding modes. BGauss says that it comes with a host of interesting features including an anti-theft alarm, anti-theft engine locking, an LED instrument panel, DRLs, keyless start, a centralized seat lock, USB charging, reverse assist, side stand sensors.