Cumin is used a lot in Indian food. Its taste and aroma gives the best flavor. By the way, few people know that there are many benefits of eating cumin. The importance of cumin in Ayurveda has been well described.
Cumin is an excellent anti-oxidant and is also effective in reducing inflammation and relaxing muscles. Fiber is also found in it and it is also a good source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium. Vitamins like vitamin E, A, C and B-complex are also found in plenty in it.
- Cumin is very good for stomach and digestion. It should be taken in stomach pain, indigestion, diarrhea, morning sickness. Drink a teaspoon of powdered cumin powder mixed in a glass of water. Drinking roasted cumin and black pepper in buttermilk does not cause many stomach problems.
- If the stomach pain due to gas in the small intestine, boil a pinch of roasted cumin powder, a little ginger, rock salt and half a teaspoon of fennel in a glass of water. Drain and drink when cooled. This extract also gives relief in pain caused by periods, problems like constipation.
- If small children have stomach pain, boil cumin seeds in hot water and cool it and feed the baby. You will get rest soon.
- Anemia especially affects the health of women. If you have this problem, eat cumin seeds regularly. The iron present in it will reduce fatigue and stress along with removing anemia.
- Due to being rich in iron and calcium, it is very good for women who are pregnant and recently mother. Mixing a teaspoon cumin seeds and honey to taste in a glass of warm milk provides strength.
- Consumption of cumin seeds is also helpful in reducing weight. It reduces body fat and cholesterol. Take it mixed with yogurt.
- Calcium present in cumin makes bones strong. The vitamins A and B12 present in it also help in fighting osteoporosis.
- Cumin is beneficial for those who do not sleep. Mash one ripe banana and add roasted cumin seeds to it. It will make you sleep better.
- Cumin is also considered beneficial in increasing memory. It happens because of being anti-oxidant. Therefore, chew half a teaspoon of cumin seeds daily.
- Cumin is also considered beneficial for sugar patients.