Forbes has released the list of 100 richest Indians of the year 2020. Many names have been included in this list for the first time. The wealth of the top 100 rich has increased by 14 percent i.e. $ 517.5 billion as of 2019.
Ambani ranked first for 13th consecutive year
Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), has been India’s richest man for the 13th consecutive year. Mukesh Ambani owns $ 88.7 billion in assets. It is known that recently, many global companies had invested in Reliance Group’s Jio Platforms and Reliance Retail, which has increased their wealth.
These are the richest men after Ambani
- The second place in the list is Gautam Adani, founder and chairman of Adani Group, which has assets of $ 25.2 billion.
- Third place has been given to HCL Technology founder Shiv Nadar. Nader has assets of $ 20.4 billion.
- At number four, D Mart is owned by Radhakishan Damani, who owns property worth $ 15.4 billion.
- The fifth place includes the name of Hinduja Brothers. Hinduja Brothers has assets of $ 12.8 billion.
- At number six is Cyrus Poonawalla, owner of Serum Institute of India with assets of $ 11.5 billion.
- Pallonji Mistry is ranked seventh. His net worth is $ 11.4 billion.
- Uday Kotak, managing director and billionaire Indian banker of Kotak Mahindra Bank, is in eighth position and owns $ 11.3 billion in assets.
- Godrej Family has the ninth place in the list, which has assets of $ 11 billion.
- Number 10 is Laxmi Mittal, CEO and chairman of steel producer ArcelorMittal. He has assets of $ 10.3 billion.
Only three women among top 100 rich
Only three women are among the top 100 riches of Forbes’ India Rich List 2020. Savitri Jindal of OP Jindal Group is at 19th position with assets of $ 6.6 billion. Biocon’s Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has a net wealth of $ 4.6 billion and is ranked 27th. Leena Tiwari of USV is at 47th position with total assets of three billion dollars.
These traders joined the list for the first time
Significantly, while people have been harmed in the Corona era, there are many billionaires whose wealth has increased and their name has been included in the Forbes list for the first time. A total of nine businessmen, including Sanjeev Bhikchandani, founder of Info.com India Ltd, parent company of Naukri.com, have joined this list for the first time. Sanjeev is at 68th position and has assets of $ 2.1 billion. Apart from these, Ramesh Kumar and Mukund Lal Dua of Relaxo Footwear, Nitin and Nikhil Kamath of Jerodha Broking, G Rajendra of GRT Jewelers, Vinod Saraf of Vinati Organics, Chandrakant and Rajendra Gogoi of Aarti Industries, Premchand Godha of IPCA Laboratories, Arun Bharat of SRF RG Chandramogan of Ram and Hatsan Agro Products has also joined the Forbes list.