Due to grid failure, the entire Mumbai region i.e. Mumbai, Thane, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Panvel has lost light in many areas. The reason for this is the lack of power supply from Tata. A spokesperson of the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) has confirmed that the power supply in the city has been disrupted due to grid faults. Local train service has started after 2 hours of closure. Amitabh Bachchan has asked to be patient in this problem.
Tata Power tweeted- MSETCL at Kalwa (Kharghar) on Monday morning at 10.10 am. Due to this, transmission was disrupted in many areas including Mumbai. Improvement is in progress. Three hydro units are being supplied.
- Supply has also started in many areas. Video conferencing has also started hearing in the High Court. The work of grid fixing is being done at a rapid pace.
- Due to power failure, the last year online examination scheduled for Monday in Mumbai colleges has been postponed.
- Arrangements were disrupted due to the lights going on in hospitals in Mumbai. Generator work has been started at 6 Kovid Hospitals in the city.
- The National Stock Exchange i.e. NSE said in a tweet that there is normal work going on there.
- CM Uddhav Thackeray spoke to state power minister Nitin Raut and BMC commissioner on the grid failure in Mumbai and gave instructions to fix it as soon as possible.