Dry Ginger powder is called Sonth, which can be used as a spice in vegetable tea. In winter, ginger is useful both in fresh and dry form to keep away the problems of cough and cold etc. and from other seasonal diseases. It is used as a medicine in Ayurveda.
Ginger is always in our kitchen and we have been using it with honey and basil for cold-cough and cold, but do you know that dry ginger called Saunth is a very useful home medicine. It is used to correct many health problems.
11 health benefits of dry ginger (sonth)
- Constipation: Boil one spoon dry ginger powder in a glass of water. Drinking lukewarm once a day will relieve constipation. It is a panacea in this disease.
- Cough reliever: Mix one teaspoon of powder of liquorice with half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder and boil it in water and drink lukewarm, it will remove phlegm accumulated in the throat. It also gives relief in the problem of cough.
- Infection: Use of dry ginger can be beneficial if there is a problem of infection in urine. For this, drink half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder and one teaspoon of sugar in a glass of milk. This will also reduce the pain during urination.
- Hiccoughs: If a person has constant hiccups and is not recovering after taking any remedy, then he / she can be prevented from feeling dry. Boil the dry ginger in milk and cool the milk. Hiccups will stop.
- Beneficial in toothache: If you are suffering from gingivitis or toothache, mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a pinch of turmeric powder and make a mixture. Applying it on the affected part will benefit.
- Migraine: Drinking a glass of lukewarm water mixed with a teaspoon of dry ginger provides relief in migraine.
- Cancer : Elements present in dry ginger eliminate cancerous muscle. Its regular intake reduces the risk of cancer.
- Digestion: Along with eliminating constipation, it also cures digestion. It is a good medicine for digestion problem. Problems of flatulence after eating food are also less.
- Joint pain: You can use ginger to get relief from joint pain. Mix the mixture of dry ginger and ground nutmeg in sesame oil and massage the knees daily with this oil. Drinking a mixture of honey and dry ginger in lukewarm water also relieves joint pain.
- Obesity: also considered to be good for reducing fat. It contains thermogenic agent which reduces fat and helps in reducing abdominal fat.
- Fever : When fever occurs, licking it with honey gives more sweat, which reduces fever more rapidly and also the toxins of the body come out with sweat.